Dragon Age Inquisition is familiar to gamers like its predecessor, Origins, as one of the games of the Dragon Age series. There have been many reports of the game not launching on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7. Whether you try to launch it through the shortcut, or the game client, it just doesn’t launch.
This article will assist you in figuring out what the problem is, and provide a solution for it.
Note: For a frictionless experience, your system must meet the game’s requirements. Otherwise, the game will lag!
Resolutions For Dragon Age Inquisition Not Launching On Windows 10
1. Check Your System’s Specifications:
You need to make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements for the game to function. Check the game’s website and see if your PC meets the requirements.
To check your system’s specifications, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Right-click on This PC on the desktop or File Explorer, and select Properties from there. It’ll open up a tab that’ll show you your computer’s specifications.
For detailed specifications, go to the Device Manager, and it’ll show you devices, such as the GPU. In the Device Manager, right-click on the device you want to know the specifications of and open its Properties.
For comparison, the minimum requirements of Dragon Age Inquisition are;
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- CPU: Intel quad-core @ 2.0 GHz or AMD quad-core @ 2.5 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage Required: 26 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or AMD Radeon HD 4870.
You can play Dragon Age Inquisition without any issues if your system meets these requirements. However, if you want a smoother experience, you’ll need better specifications than these.
2. Clean Boot Your Computer
There may be a corrupt file or some sort of virus that’s preventing Dragon Age Inquisition from launching.
Try running a clean boot by following the steps mentioned below;
- Search MSConfig in the Start menu and press ENTER to get into the System Configuration window.
- In the System Configuration window, under the Services tab, check the box for Hiding all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Then under the Startup tab, open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, under Startup, locate the application that’s causing the issue and right-click it to Disable it.
- If needed, you can hit Disable at the bottom of this window to stop all the services at the same time.
3. Update Your GPU’s Drivers & DirectX
If you’re running an outdated GPU driver, it might the reason why you can launch Dragon Age Inquisition. Similarly, up-to-date versions of DirectX and VC Redist are important. So, you’ll have to download the latest drivers and the latest versions of DirectX and VC Redist.
Try using Driver Booster to download the required drivers automatically;
- Download, install and run Driver Booster.
- Click Scan, and Driver Booster will scan your computer for outdated, missing, and corrupted device drivers.
- Then locate Display adapters to Update the graphics driver with Driver Booster.
- Find Game Support, and update that as well.
- If possible, you can also hit Update Now to download all the latest drivers on your computer.
Now, with the updated display driver and Microsoft Visual C++ packages, you can re-open the game to see if Dragon Age Inquisition launches or not.
4. Verify The Game Files:
Sometimes, the game files can get corrupted, and that causes your game to crash, or won’t let it launch. So, you’ll need to see if that’s what’s causing the issue.
To do that;
- Go to the Origin client.
- In Origin, on the left pane, click on My Game Library.
- Then locate and right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition to Repair it.
The client will verify the game files and will fix the corrupted ones. After that’s done, check to see if the game has been fixed or not.
I hope this article answered your queries regarding the issues with Dragon Age Inquisition. If you’re still having issues, don’t hesitate to comment below. I will try to respond to as many queries as I can!