Uninstalling the Epic Games Launcher has been a great concern to many people who have installed it on their computers. If you have had a similar experience, this article will guide you on how to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your system completely. Here are the steps involved.
- Press ctrl + alt + delete keys by pressing on the open task manager
- Locate the launcher of epic games below the services tab
- Find the stop option after right-clicking on the process option
- Locate the epic games launcher and then click uninstall
- The rest of the process is indicated and all that people need to do is to follow the subsequent steps
Popup Message on Laptop
Have you received a popup message as an alert that your epic games launcher is running? To terminate the launch, close before it proceeds running. While the message may be very annoying especially, when one is busy using computer systems, there is no other way but to close it manually.
Complete Uninstallation of Epic Games Launcher
It is apparent that the success of these processes is dependent on the specifications of the computer systems you’re is using. People who use the versions of Windows 7 and subsequent windows from window 7 are not likely to receive the message. The reason for this is that the launcher is not currently compatible with the subsequent versions of the Windows Operating System. Those using it but have other versions of windows from windows 8.0 and 8.1 will be able to receive the message. Nevertheless, you should not worry about this since it can be easily uninstalled from the system. The following are the two key options to follow.
Option 1: Using the Iobit Uninstaller
Many people have used the uninstaller in the past with success. A key merit of using this application is that it shows no popup for one to upgrade to the premium plan. It also doesn’t fail to work unless you acquire a subscription online, just as it happens with other installers. You can have access to a free download for the application. The application is compatible with the Windows operating system, including versions such as 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems. Besides helping in the removal of other features and programs, it also helps in removing the updates. Moreover, it helps in removing inbuilt apps and registry entries for all programs one has deleted or uninstalled. It has been found the best method on how to uninstall Epic Games launcher Windows 7. The process involves five major steps, at the end of which you’ll have uninstalled Epic Games Launcher from your system.
- The first step involves installing the IOBIT uninstaller. The icon on its desktop is clicked to start it.
- On the epic (search box form) you will get a list that presents the programs that are installed in the computer by name matching the term.
- The next step involves selecting all of the programs that one intends to uninstall as clearly indicated in the above image. After selecting the programs click on the uninstall button (normally green colored)
- After clicking on the uninstall button, a pop-up message emerges with an option to automatically remove such files. Select this option.
- The last step in uninstalling the epic games launcher. It involves clicking on the button indicated install. In a matter of seconds, the launcher is uninstalled from the computer
Option 2: Using In-built Installer
The second method on how to delete Epic Games Launcher involves the use of in-built installers. In this section, three distinct subsections are presented. They are all aimed at showing you how to use the inbuilt application uninstallers.
System Users with Windows 8 or 8.1 Installed in Their System
- The first step involves clicking on the start or windows icon on the computer desktop
- You can then click on the control panel and wait for it to load
- The next step is clicking on the option that indicates programs indicated cd in a transparent case icon.
- An options page that presents the applications that are installed on the computer are presented
- At this point, you’re are required to scroll down until you get to the application Epic Games Launcher. Once you find it, you can to click on it.
- After clicking, a dialog box is presented a dialog box emerges prompting you on whether you want to uninstall the launcher. The button is labeled “yes” or “no”. You will need to click “yes” and give the application time to entirely uninstall the selected programs.
Removing the Epic Games Launcher from Windows 10
- At the bottom left side of the screen, you will need to click on the start or Windows icon
- Click on the apps and features
- A search list is presented from which you will search for the name ‘Epic’
- Uninstall the launcher after left-clicking on it
- A follow-up message’ this app’ and related info uninstalled’.
- Confirm and wait for the system to uninstall the launcher
Option 3: Bonus method for people using windows 10 build 1809 or later
Uninstalling the launcher is easy for people using the above systems. Simple steps that are followed in uninstalling of the launcher are summarized below.
- The first step is clicking on the search bar on the taskbar
- The second step involves searching for the term ‘epic’
- Epic games same is displayed on the right-hand side
- Click on uninstall